Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'am

The shots are going well as you can see from the picture.  My last IVF cycle was the first time I gave myself a shot.  Up until that point Dr. G (my hubby) had been giving them to me, but one morning he has an early meeting and I was forced to inject myself.  I remember sitting on the closed toilet seat holding the syringe giving myself a pep talk.  You know the one, I can do this!  My heart was pounding, my hands were sweating and I was holding the syringe an inch from my belly.  Finally I took a deep breath and plunged in the tiny needle.  My first thought was "this is not big deal".  I honestly could not believe I got so worked up over something that didn't even hurt.  I laughed to myself and said "I did it" and I've been doing it ever since.  Dr. G was giving me my morning Lupron shot but now that I've moved onto the hard core drugs (which have to be mixed together) I just do it myself.  I figure if I go to the trouble of mixing the drugs and preparing the shot I might as well just give it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment