Thursday, June 25, 2009

AF is Here!

AF is finally here and she brought her evil cousin Cramps.  I guess this is what happens when you don't have a period for 37 days.  I went to my RE at 11 am today and I got the all clear to start the heavy duty drugs tomorrow.  I will go from 1 shot in the stomach per day to 3 shots in the stomach per day.  Two in the morning and one at night.  My darling hubby likes to wake me up in the morning wielding the shot in one hand and a sweet "ready for your shot honey".  I think he secretly likes giving me the shots and I often wonder if this is his revenge for my grumpiness.  I've noticed that if I give myself the shot it normally doesn't hurt quite as bad.  I wonder why that is??

Other news from my appointment this morning:  I had 23 antral follicles.  These are measured by a vaginal ultrasound and each follicle contains an immature egg that can potentially develop into a mature egg.  23 is VERY good especially considering my advanced maternal age.

I will try not to bore everyone with the minuet details but a little education is good for all of us. I going back to lie on the couch and hope the evil cramps are over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment