Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where is God?

This week in the local news a newborn baby was abandoned in a storm drain.  The 18 year old mother showed up at the hospital and said she had just given birth and placed the baby in a trash receptacle at a gas station.  When the police searched the area they didn't find the baby. Upon talking to the 19 year old father they found out that he had placed the baby in a muddy storm drain.  It has been raining for a solid week here.  The baby boy was found alive, but died a few hours after being taken to the hospital.  The couple said the baby was born dead and they didn't know what to do with him, however the police report the baby was in good health, alive and making noise when they found him.  This could have been avoided because Georgia has a Safe Place for Newborns Act of 2002 which allows a mother to leave her newborn baby within seven days of birth at any hospital in Georgia. 

I can't help but think why did God bless this young couple with a baby when they had planned to discard it like a bundle of trash?  Where is my baby?  Why won't God bless me with a baby?  This has been such a rough 2.9 years and when I hear about something so henious as putting a tiny newborn in a storm drain without a second thought I just can't help but wonder why God would allow this.  I know we all have free will and that couple will have to answer to God for their actions but why them?  When I heard this story on the news I could feel my heart start harden towards God.  I'm angry and bitter and discouraged and disappointed and the list goes on and on.

I want God to bless me and lift this pain from my broken heart.  I want to believe in miracles and prayer.  I want to be a mother!


No comments:

Post a Comment