Tuesday, September 8, 2009

HOT! HOT! HOT!

The hot flashes have begun.  They are so strange, it feels like you are heating up from the inside out.  It seems like the last time I went through medical menopause that nothing really happened in the first month.  I've only had a couple of flashes but I can tell the "fun" is just around the corner.

It is hard having an infertility blog and nothing related going on.  I guess this will just be a ME blog for the next 3 months.  I hope I don't bore everyone to death over the next 3 months.  It was nice to have an extra day off this weekend.  I didn't do much but I did get to visit my friend J that is pregnant with twins.  It is bittersweet to see her.  She and I were running partners and we use to work together.  We spent many hours together running and training for our 1/2 marathons and then our full marathon.  We would run together at least 4 days every week.  Then I started trying to get pregnant in January 2007 and she started in May 2007.  Nothing happened for either one of us.  I went to see an RE and a few months later she followed behind me to see the same RE.  After her first unsuccessful IVF she decided to go to the famous Colorado clinic and now she is 22 weeks pregnant with twins.  I could not more thrilled for her but we both hoped to be able to go through this together and have our babies at the same time.  She is due to deliver the same month that I have my transfer - December.  Her baby shower is this weekend and I'm planning to attend.  I was not able to attend my sister-in-laws shower because I was so raw from IVF #3.  My friend J is having an evening couples shower and since I get to take my husband with me I think it will be okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment