Sunday, August 30, 2009

Stop Thinking

Stop Thinking.  This was the advice I got from my acupuncturist yesterday after I told her everything I was going through right now.  I told her that I felt discouraged and sad about how bad my uterus was and the fact that I have to do 3 months of menopause.  She said that I needed to trust the doctors and spend the next 3 months reading books and maybe planning a trip.  She also said that I could talk to her when I felt bad.   Another friend of mine suggested going to see a therapist but I don't think I'm at that stage just yet.  I'm not really sure what anyone could say to me to make me feel better or enlighten me.  It is what it is.  I've just entered menopause and I need to find a way to make the next 3 months pass by quickly.

Speaking of passing the time away I am planning to walk a 1/2 marathon in October.  You have to be able to walk at 16 minute mile pace or a bus will pick you up if you are unable to maintain that pace.  Talk about an incentive to walk quickly.  I walked 5 miles yesterday at an average pace of 14.40 and that was with some nice hills thrown in.  It will be a new experience to walk in a "race" since in my life before IF (infertility) I was a runner.  I've actually run 4 1/2 marathons (with a finish time always just under 2 hours) and I ran the Marine Corp marathon in Washington DC in 2006.  Now I'm off to pass a little time away.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to your blog and I thought I stop by to say hello. I may be facing 3 month of menopause of my own before undergoing another laparoscopy to remove what is left of my tubes (two ectopic pregnancies with IVF) and a fybroid before even thinking of trying again. My RE appointment is in two weeks to see what the plan is. Wishing you all the best with your training, Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Peaches! So here the drug of choice seems to be decapeptyl which should be a single injection that lasts for 3 months (but I know you can take it in lower doses monthly). I've been trying to find out the difference between the two, the name in Europe for Lupron is Enanton, but I've only found out that although they are two different drugs, they belong to the same class (Gn-RH analogues) and act in the same way. In this study http://grande.nal.usda.gov/ibids/index.php?mode2=detail&origin=ibids_references&therow=372755 they state that they are very very similar in potency and share the side effects! I've read somewhere else that decapeptyl is cheaper than lupron though...so this may be something to discuss with your RE the next time you see him. But because you won't need it ever again you don't have to think about it! All the best, Fran

    ReplyDelete