Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Biopsy Bound

I went for blood work today and my E2 rose to 190 so I am starting the next step of the process tonight which is the progesterone suppositories.  I am now taking an injection in the morning, 2 pill orally 3 times a day and 1 suppository vaginally 3 times a day.  I think I've got all my bases covered now.  I have the alarm set on my phone to remind me of all the stuff I need to do and when I need to do it.

The big bad biopsy is scheduled for next Wednesday August 12th.  For those of you that are my prayer warriors, please pray that the results come back normal so I can do the embryo transfer in September.  If for some reason the results come back abnormal then I will have to do one injection a month of Lupron Depot for 3 months.  This is NOT FUN!  The monthly injection puts me into menopause and while not having a period for 3 months is great, the hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings are NOT worth the trade off.  I now know what menopause feels like and I'm not looking forward to it.  (The reason I know this is I did the Lupron Depot injections last summer).   Last summer during my last month of medical menopause we went on an Alaskan cruise.  I was probably the only woman under the age of 50 standing on her private balcony in her bra & panties trying to cool down.  My husband got a kick out of that, while he stayed in the heated cabin under a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment