Saturday, February 20, 2010

Black Cloud

I think I have a black cloud hanging over my head. We left the house at 10 a.m. this morning and headed to the airport to start our fabulous ski vacation. Only to return home 7 hours later.

Our flight was delayed an hour and then finally we boarded the plane only to hear an announcement that we were going to be further delayed. Then the pilot announced the delay would be 2 hours and we could get off the plane if we wanted but we would be taking off at 3pm. We decided to get off and sit comfortably in the terminal. An hour later we were asked to go retrieve our belongings from the plane because the flight was cancelled due to bad weather (translated lots & lots of snow in Vail). The good news is we were able to extend our return home by one day and the airline did not charge us for the change. Good news/bad news we were able to get a partial refund on our hotel room for tonight and book an extra night (at full cost) but we will have to switch from a studio to a smaller room. The bad news we had to cancel our rental car with a very low rate and book a new car with a very high rate.

And we get to do it all again tomorrow and the snow continues to fall in Vail. I really hope we get there without any major delays because we really need a vacation!

On a totally different note, my HCG is down to 6.9. I was very disappointed that it hasn't gone back to zero yet. I wonder if this is holding up the start of my period. I have been spotting a little bit all week but no period yet. I'm sure it is waiting until I go on vacation.

3 comments:

  1. Awww man that really sucks! I hate flying!!
    I hope the trip goes smoothly tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! The snow needs to stop falling long enough for you to get there! Then it can start up again! :) BTW, I love love love Vail. :) Hope you get out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you get back - check this out:
    http://pcosjourneytoconceive.blogspot.com/2010/02/another-award.html

    I nominated you for a blogging award! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete